Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Music Videos to Cheer You Up

Hey friends,

For those who aren't in Perth at the moment and aren't experiencing the cold blast of rain and depression that has hit us so suddenly I am considerably jealous. The weather this year has been something of note, especially with the conditions of the 2016-2017 summer being the most disappointing to date. I feel completely swindled out of the happiness that comes with healthy doses of vitamin D and searing heat. What's really been helping keep my mind off the fact that it's mid March and I'm thinking about putting my space heater on has been revisiting some of my favourite music videos over the recent years. I hope you get a kick out of them too.

Beware the Dog - The Griswolds




I think the thing I loved about this music video (apart from the dope-ass song by The Griswolds) was the whole werewolf trope. It was done so cleverly, with a tip of the hat to some old classic horror films that I love to watch (mainly because they aren't really that scary... I'm actually a big wuss with modern horror films). I loved the twist at the end, the gory arms and legs flying everywhere, and of course, just the rampant eating of people. This was my first taste of The Griswolds and the music that they made and I kind of fell in love. People say don't judge a book by its cover, but when you have a music video that is shot so artistically and with a sense of humour that clicks with you - what are you meant to do? 

Pork Soda - The Glass Animals




Oh man. What can I say about the Glass Animals apart from I love them and that March 2017's playlist has been most of the ZABA album on repeat. I can never work out what the Glass Animals songs are about, but I think that's part of their charm. I love this video for the very talented puppy dog, who is a rescue named Princess. Princess (a boy) recently learned how to moonwalk which is more than I can say about myself. This song is actually really sweet, but I won't try to decipher the lyrics for you because I have no idea about what they mean at all.

Don't Stop (Colour on the Walls) - Foster the People




This song has a funny story actually. This song came out just as I got my learner's permit. Of course, it took me about 3 years from that time to actually start driving places, but I always would have this video playing in my head when I was going for driving lessons. Torches was such a good album, but I feel like Foster the People really came into their own in Supermodel. This music video is so fun, it was a real throwback trying to think of videos for this post.


Anyway, this is a shortish post because I've been super busy with uni stuff. Hopefully I'll have a longer more detailed post coming out soon, but right now I need  to focus on my assignments and not dying for the next few months as uni ramps up once more in terms of intensity and the feeling of wanting to run in front of a moving car.

Hope y'all are having a swell day!


xx Kristen



No comments:

Post a Comment