Wednesday, March 23, 2016

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BLOG!!!!



HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY BLOG!

I did it guys. I stuck around. For someone who commits to things like a three year old learning to play the drums (very badly) I am actually surprised I stuck it out so long. No doubt it's been to the support, praise, and glorious, oh glorious internet points I've received from you guys over the past year. It's been fantastic sharing music with you and hearing your opinions. Thanks so much for sticking it out, thanks so much for reading these stupid little posts! I am so grateful, you have no idea. 

Unfortunately, it isn't feasibly possible for me to bake a cake for you all to celebrate this momentous occasion. Unlike the puppy pictured above (it's National Puppy Day, just FYI, hoorah! A day to celebrate another one of my passions - puppy dogs. To those of you who know me in real life, I swear it's a passion, NOT an addiction .), you get no cake. However, I'd like to give you something equally as sweet as a present (no, it's not a picture of me, I know I'm sweet enough as it is). 

This sweet little track debuted just last week. It's Vera Blue's 'Like a Version' cover of Jack Garrett's beautiful track "Breathe Life". Believe me. You NEED to hear this if you haven't already. The Celia Pavey love fest continues this week as I fall so ever closer to the precipice of falling in love with this girl.




I generally have mixed feelings about 'Like a Versions'. Sometimes they're AWESOME, sometimes... well... they leave a lot of room to be desired. Vera Blue completely blows me away with this cover. The range that this girl has is stunning. She is stunning. This track has been a long favourite of mine. Jack Garrett creates this beat that makes me dance in my seat whenever I hear "Breathe Life". It's such an awesome track and to see it transformed so effortlessly and cooly the way Vera Blue does I'm absolutely speechless. For once in my life, I have no words to describe how uplifted and floaty my heart feels when I listen to this cover. It turns a bitey track with some oomph into a celestial synth filled float away track that makes you sway. I'm going to make a prediction now and tell you that this one will be in the Hottest 100 this year. For sure.

Stunning track. Stunning girl. Absolutely in love.

So, happy One Year Anniversary fam!

Thanks for reading, and thanks for listening.

Lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of love


Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment