Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Back to Uni Blues

UGhhhhhhhhhghhghghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhgggggggggggggggggggg

University has started again.

My blissful three months of carefree nothingness has ended (okay, not so carefree, there were cares, but considerably less so than the rest of the year). Here comes the stress, the heartache, and the lack of sleep that we all associate with heading back to school.

I have my first assignment due next week, which by all accounts has been one of a series of many disastrous events that I predict to happen this year. The glass is no longer half full, it's fully empty, someone has emptied my cup of joy and replaced it with empty nothingness.

So, why not listen to some soulful melodic music to dumb the pain and prepare for the next hellish weeks of semester.

Today, I want to share with you a new little song from my favourite Australian Idol runner-up (sorry Nollsy :( ) Matt Corby.


 Matt is known for inducing fluttering heart beats

So, apart from being a total babe and potentially causing me to sigh occasionally when I see pictures of him. What is Matt Corby bringing to the table?

This little song of course




I think what I love about this song so much is that it is a rainy day song. Since it's already March (honestly, where did this year even go), summer is over and we're heading into winter. It's time to start talking about winter songs and cold cuddling music. This is something for gazing out of rain spattered windows thinking of why you even enrolled into this semester at uni (when am I going to leave this place?!!). Matt has made a name for himself with Brother in 2011 which pretty much brought him to the spotlight of everyone's mind after his stint on Australian Idol (twelve year old me was besotted in 2007, let me tell you). However, in recent months he's been bringing to the table some really soulful, beautiful stuff. I'm quite keen to hear Telluric in all it's glory when it comes out. This album has a flavour to it that I am going to really be embracing come the colder months. It's release date is set for my birthday (11th March! Don't you forget it!), so, I'm keen as a bean to let his beautiful velvet voice embrace my ears like some sort of Matt Corby ear muff (God, my analogies are terrible, is this why no one is reading my blog?).

So listen, enjoy, and be sad with me as another semester begins and my hopes and dreams for a brighter/stress free semester vanish into thin air.


xx Kristen




No comments:

Post a Comment