Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Crushing Hard

I think for most of us who were teenage girls, we fondly remember that celebrity crush that we went crazy for. It's just a part of growing up. Like you see those tweens with their crushes on Justin Bieber or One Direction, it's something to be expected. Your heart beat quickens when you hear one of their songs, you get a massive grin spreading across your face when you watch a music video.

For me, it was Jesse McCartney with Beautiful Soul. I still belt that song out every moment I hear it on the radio.

But now, as I get older, I rarely feel that oom-pah-pah in my heart about any music. You know that feeling? The one that makes your soul feel like its flying out of your body or that grin that slowly spreads and fills your body with warm happiness.

Well, that was until I laid my ears on Vance Joy.

Look at that face! Who wouldn't be in love with this total babe?


His 2014 album Dream Your Life Away has been the soundtrack for the past year of my life. What can I say, I'm crushing. Hard.

Basically, if you haven't heard the album yet or want a taster of what it feels like to fall in love, check out this song. It's my current favourite.



Although, to be completely honest, I discover a new favourite song from the album each week. There's something about the lyricism and  the shakiness in his voice in some of the lines that just gives me shivers every single time. I feel as though he sings to your soul, they're love songs all of them, and for some reason I feel like he's singing them to me.

He's also a complete babe, if you haven't seen his music video for "Fire and the Flood", what have you been doing?  All those dreamy stares down the barrel of the camera.... ah, my love.



As far as teenage heart throbs go, you wouldn't be hard pressed to find me pining over this guy had he been around and popular 5 years ago, holy moly, I'd have pined so hard.

Vance Joy is a gift to girls everywhere, and his music is a gift to the soul. If  you've watched these videos I'm 100% sure that you'd agree with me.

As far as heart throbs go? What's been pulling on your heart strings as of late? What music has been giving you that oomph that only a realllyy good song can?


Lots of love,

Kristen





No comments:

Post a Comment