Monday, February 1, 2016

A Cool Summer with Miike Snow

Guess who's back from holiday???

That's right, your favourite blogger and part time eccentric is back to bother you all with her weird music and penchant for hyperbole.

It's been a weird month or so, usually I spend a lot of time listening to new music and playing this game called "What's going to be played non stop on the radio in the next few weeks?" However, being in another country without access to radio or to internet it really threw me, I had to listen to the same songs I had been listening to in December for a whole other month. No music reshuffling, nothing new to stimulate my brain. I could feel my ears atrophying, seriously, nothing more boring than the same 85 song playlist going on over and over for 4 weeks. So, I stopped listening to music for a while, and when I came back to glorious Oz, I let all the tunes free flow over me. Even the music in clothing stores gave me little ear jitters (arguably not an actual thing, but just go with me on this phenomenon). Coupled with the Hottest 100, phew man, it's good to be back and its good to be singing in the car again. 

So this week I wanted to share with you something new that's had my ears aflutter (okay, the imagery here is getting a bit sketchy at best.... but I digress). I'm feeling real chills with Miike Snow's latest track, Genghis Khan, and if you haven't heard it yet, check it out below.






Okay, what can I say, my love affair with the Swedish indie-pop band, Miike Snow... 


Miike Snow, Swedish Baes


Well, it started in 2010 with a little track called Animal. So, for about 6 years I've had this band on my mind. They took a break for a while and only resurfaced late last year with some banging new tunes. In time, you kind of can see the way bands change and how their sound and their rhythm changes. Especially after a long hiatus. Sometimes it can be a bit of a miss, but for Miike Snow it has really been a hit. Their new sound is definitely fly, a lot more stronger, a lot bolder, and a lot more sexier. Their third studio album (iii) is going to be released on March 4 and if there's any indication from their currently released tracks as to how good this album is going to be, we're in for a treat. Not to mention the quality of the music videos. It's been fantastic watching these cinematic masterpieces, I think it makes a track when we have a narrative to go with the music, Although I listen first and make up a music video in my head, when the actual video surpasses anything my weird little brain could have created it gets me all excited and pumped to be playing and watching a song over and over again.

So, keep your ears and your eyes peeled guys. This year is going to be a great year with some amazing music and plenty of ear jittering ahead.



No comments:

Post a Comment