Wednesday, April 1, 2015

"The Music of the Future": A trip down memory lane with some funky new beats.

Hello my darlings!

Welcome to another week, and another review.

Over the past few years, since the whole hipster "movement" sprung up into this weird subculture of arts, music and fashion. There has definitely been a shift in definition of what we consider hipster.

Well obviously, there's the tartan,the beards, the non showering,  and the frames without glasses. But we see new things coming in trend- minimalism, stockings with faces of cats on them, socks with frills, chia seeds... the list goes on and on and on.
Unfortunately, as a cat, sock, and seed enthusiast, this has really cut in on my street cred and wallet (curse you hipsters with your abundance of disposable income and cute fashion! *shakes fist in anger*). However, I will maintain that my room probably belongs on a reality tv show about hoarding. It's really getting quite bad; I collect too many nick-nacks. Minimalism will never be a thing with me.

In the same way, we see music change. First it was banjos, then experimental noise and base drops... where the future will take us, we can only imagine.
That's why, today, I'd like us to look into the future and try and figure out what will come next in hipster music. We're looking at:

Way I'm Lovin' You by Klue


Klue: Is this what the future of indie music sounds like??

What is surprising me now-a-days is the influence of old school funk into new school indie music. The Way I'm Lovin' this song is intense.  I actually quite dig this catchy tune.(Damn, does this mean I'm turning into one of them?!) It's got a glitchy sense to it, it's repetitive and staccato, with a strong flavor of soul. Reminiscent of Jungle and Rudimentals' use of funky beats in their electronic music with a more techno vibe. I feel like a middle aged woman revived. Not only am I able to listen to something that sounds like the music from yester-year, it's mixed with some sick DJing skills that keeps me feeling young and spritely.

This is some hip music of the future, I know it, I'd keep my eyes and ears out for more funk and blues in indie music in the future. This will definitely be the next big thing.


7.5 "Asking a hip youngster for technological help"s out of 10


Lots of love,

Kristen










No comments:

Post a Comment